Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weather, Naps and Music


I wish it was fall or winter. This probably dosen't surprise some of you who know summer and heat have never been favorites of mine but this year I especially wish summer was over. It's been really humid this year and this makes it diffficult for me to breathe. The Dr. says stay in the AC which is fine except that my old house dosen't have central air so I spend the majority of time in my bedroon because I have AC there. Thank goodness I also have a computer and TV there, it's kind of like being back in college and living in a dorm room...not necessarily a bad thing but so far I haven't found the "party floor", this is a very dull school. This week we're going to put an air conditioner in the sewing/guest room so I can at least go sew when I want to. This should help fill my time between naps.
I don't know about you but naps used to make me feel guilty. Sleeping during the day when you could be doing something productive was frowned upon when I was growing up, naps were for children not grown ups. Well this grown up has learned the art of napping, not because I want to but because I have no choice. The cancer/chemo combination teams up on me and I have no choice but to lie down before I fall down. But, you know what? I like it, I like just being able to chill out for an hour or so, recharge my batteries and then carry on, and the best part is, these days no guilt! So those of you out there who don't nap for whatever reason...try it you might like it!
Who want's to help me put together a play list of "feel good" songs for my iPod? You do? Oh I knew you would. I want to make a play list that I can listen to when I'm at chemo or just need a lift and I want all of your input on what songs make you happy ( no Bobby McFerrin please). You can post them at the bottom here or email them to me and when I get a list I'll put it here incase anyone else would like it.
So I'll give us a start, I pick " What a Wonderful World" Louis Armstrong version. OK guys show me what ya got !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two song suggestions. These are the two songs I listen to when I am feeling down and need to pick myself up.

- I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Learning to Fly - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Love you!

Karen H.

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

OOO...I like this challenge, I'm gonna look at what's on my IPOD and give this some deep thought and get a list to ya!
Blessings, rainbows and good thoughts!
Love ya,
Cindy