Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Put on Your Big Girl Panties and Deal With It

Since my diagnosis just under a week ago (wow was it only 6 days ago) I've been dancing around the whole concept of me having cancer. Oh on an intellectual level I know it's there but on an emotional level it's one of those things that creeps up on you in the middle of the night when there's nothing but bad TV to fill the space that you like to keep filled so these unbidden thoughts don't sneak in. I think a week is probably enough time to let things sink in, now it's time to do something. Honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to do but it'll be something I can guarantee that. It seems I've already read the good, bad and ugly about my kind of cancer. I bought a book about 50 things you should do if you have cancer, maybe I'll do a few of those. One of them is drink alot of water, I can do that. One I particularly do like is take time when making treatment decisions. This gentleman says that although cancer patients shouldn't waste alot of time when it comes to making treatment decisions it's also not a cut artery that has to be dealt with immediately. Makes sense to me. So the time has come for me to put on my big girl panties, deal with it and have a glass of water. OK so that dosen't sound very proactive but it's all I've got for now.

1 comment:

Landra said...

If you can deal with it in those midnight hours, you are a much better woman than I!