Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's hot, it's cold...arghhhhhh


As I've mentioned, on Friday I finished a tough week of chemo and radiation. Still a bit chemo queasy I decided to just stay in my room and relax. I noticed that my room wasn't feeling very cool and I thought well maybe it was the radiation..it can sometimes make you feel over heated like when you get out of a tanning bed.
So I asked Larry and he said, it wasn't me, the room wasn't it's usual iceberg temperature. He looked at it and tried to blow the dust out of it and did whatever you're supposed to do to try and fix an A/C and declared it on it's way out.
So here was my problem, this was 7:00 on a Friday night and Larry was going to be away on Saturday so we had to figure out something pretty quickly. I should mention that since I've been going through the whole cancer thing the A/C is my life saver because it also keeps a lot of the pollen that I'm allergic to out of my already not so happy lungs.
So the question then became, buy a new one or switch from the sewing room ( as you may remember I waited for that one to get put in so I could actually be able to spend some time sewing). Well, we set my mother to one of the things she does best; making phone calls and soon found out that the warm weather had cleaned smaller room size A/Cs out of the general area but we could wait for the 10pm truck at Walmart if we wanted to.
Needless to say in the next few minutes we were pulling the one out of the sewing room and it was blissful! Until this AM when I noticed it making odd noises ( could this be why I replaced it with the one I had been using and this was still in the attic?). Well the crazy thing is a block of ice ( inside where the filter screen is). So now I'm waiting for it to thaw out and I guess we'll have to figure out why it's not draining or what ever it is they do to get rid of the water.
Hopefully we'll get this all figured out today before it gets really warm again....like that lady said : "It's always something!"

No comments: