Friday, January 14, 2011

Not a Messy Desk but a Full One


This week is more about work and home than cancer ( this could be a good sign I think). Anyway since I've been back to work part time there has been lots for me to do, not the least of which are yearly grants, year end reports and getting our yearly Pasta for CASA fundraiser rolling. It seems I've lost my mail merge brain cells and I had to enlist the help of our Office Administrator Cindy to help me, thank goodness she still has all of her mail merge cells!
That done it was time to move on to other projects that seem to be on hold because my email isn't working. apparently I can send someone an email but if they hit reply I never see that mail, I know this because I've had a compaint or two, we've been waiting 2 days now for the computer guy to show up and fix this.
Meanwhile at home I came home to my 84 yr old mother pitching a hissy because her phone was dead. My friend Larry talked to the cable company and got it going only to have it die another 3 days in a row ( they're coming today in person to fix it). Apparently an 84 yr old woman without a phone is like a junky without a fix, withdrawal isn't pretty.
Now, you may think ick, some week but there's more. One morning as I was drinking my coffee I hear something dripping, now in a house this old, that's never a good thing. I followed the noise to water dripping out of the kitchen ceiling onto the refrigerator, most likely from the upstairs bathroom. Oh YAY. So we called the plumber who just happened to be in our town and he came over and discovered a leak in the tub upstairs ( this tub should be sent to the Smithsonian's gallery of what things should never look like when they get old). Bless him he fixed it (sort of) it still drips, just down the drain now not behind the tub. If I ever won the lottery the very first thing I'd do is get a new tub but as it is that's what we got (ugh).
Then this AM I wake up with a head splitting headache and some dizziness that seems to be OK as long as I don't move much, I think it could be radiation related or maybe it's phone/tub stress..I'll ask then when I go to get toasted this afternoon. I did stay home from work though because , headache, dizzy queasy isn't something I want to share if it isn't radiation related. Thankfully Larry will take me to radiation this afternoon, and maybe by then the phone guy will have been here and Mom can get her fix. We're also getting her a track phone ( for emergencies like to call me to tell me the phone won't work...kinda like audio methadone :).
Hope you all are having a good week and the snow didn't bother too many of you !

No comments: