Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brain Radiation Days


This looks very much like the mask I wear for brain radiation, this isn't mine. You lay down on the table and they put this on ( it's tight) and then they attach it to the table. they don't want your head moving around while they're zapping you...works for me. So I'm about 1/2 way through already and everything seems to be going well although I know from experience that radiation can build up and then slap you silly when you're not expecting it. I'm hoping this dosen't happen.
The big news is I actually ate a 1/4 pounder with cheese this week ( I know, if I was going to pick a burger why one of those?) Well it was on my way home and I was hungry and I thought if I can't swallow it no big loss :). So I am a happy camper, this means I can eat some other sandwich type things again too, ( unlike the oyster cracker that I just got stuck in my throat while trying to eat some soup...i knew I should stay away from the soup LOL).
Still no pizza but it'll come sooner or later and when it does I'm going for the cardiac version with anything and everything on it !
Chris submitted that cute Christmas pic of Rex with the Christmas lights to Syracuse.com and won the photo contest. Pretty cool, they got a dinner gift certificate and Syracuse Stage passes, here's the link.
Work is busy busy, grants to write and fundraisers to organize but I'm happy with the shorter hours because the radiation still takes it out of me and will for awhile I guess.
I noticed the days are getting longer, that's a good thing, maybe I won't want to be in bed by 8:00pm anymore soon.
Have a great week! Sue

No comments: