Saturday, September 25, 2010

Value Your Friends


I got some very sad news this morning. My college roommate Diane is now in a coma due to complications from colon/liver cancer. She has been fighting this diagnosis for the past 4 years and it appears that the Drs. don't think she'll awake from her coma. Trixie , as I 've always called her is a person who exemplifies what " good people" means. Without her around I wouldn't know what 1/2 of our former classmates were up to, I wouldn't have 10 stories in a book I put together for the program I run and I'd never know how to twist a soft pretzel.
So here I am fighting cancer myself and hearing that my dear friend could be losing her battle...this totally stinks! I was selfishly looking forward to the day when we could sit on a porch somplace with a tall cool drink and swap "war" stories, now they're telling me this may never happen. Dammit!!
I know we all get involved in our own daily lives , work, family , whatever but our friends are the family we pick for ourselves so please let them know you love them and value them even when things are going well . It's never too soon to have that tall glass of something and talk about your lives even if they aren't as close as they once were.

No comments: