Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Thinkin'


I don't know about you but I spent my morning half nekkid on some sort of a machine table while a young man drew lines and asterisks all over the top half of my body. No it wasn't me working to cross something off my "bucket list", it was a trip to the radiology office. Apparently this is how they figure out where to shoot the gamma rays or whatever you call them. So my new friend Pete ( you may remember Pete from my previous post about someone who could stand to get a different job)who today was a nice as nice could be, measured, viewed, and marked my body with bright blue marker and some clear sticky dot thingys. I was then told we were done until next week and I should try not to wash all the marks off because they're important. I was also told next week they'll give me marks that will last through all 6 weeks of radiation...fun.
In the past few weeks I've spent a lot of time trying not to move while some test or another was being done. Sometimes I've moved into a machine, sometimes the machine has moved over me, sometimes there was a combination of both but always someone says " try not to move and just breathe normally". During the first couple of tests I remember my mind was racing, I was wondering what was going on, I was praying, I was making a list of things to do, I was trying so hard not to move that I'm sure I was. Now I couldn't tell you what , if anything I'm thinking, I think I sort of found some zen place where I know what's going on ( as much as I need to) but I sort of "zone out" and I'm usually a bit startled when someone says "OK we're done". So maybe having cancer has taught me to meditate in some odd fashion, cool.
Chris and Jenny were here with the baby last night. He is growing so fast! Jenny said her sister says he looks like me, could be, especially now that we're both sporting the bald look. All I know is he's the apple of my eye and I can't wait til he gets old enough so I can tell him some great stories about his Dad .
Well, I think it's nap time, I think I need to stretch out without someone drawing on me or some machine humming for awhile.

No comments: