Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm Still Here


So here I still am and probably will be for several weeks while I get physical therapy so I can hopefully walk again as the inflamation along my spine calms down. While i've been here my room has been across from the nurses station. Great access to nurses but NOISY. Apparently, they have several sr. citizens who tend to wander away so they have alarms on them, most of them are loud, my least favorite is the one that goes weeyou, weeyou,weeyou...this person needs to go home soon or stay put. The staff here is a great mix of folks, I even have one RN from Jersey who actually brought me a Taylor Ham sandwich today. For those of you not from Metro NY/NY taylor ham is really good and you can't get it up here. She had just happenened to have made a "jersey run" and she shared with me! Also this is a teaching hospital and especially on the weekend the place is overrun by students. I bet I had my blood pressure taken manually and by machine at least 10 times. Not to mention, temperature, pulse taken and heart listenened to and some neuro tests as well. I don't know how the students are doing but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow, if all goes as I pray it will they'll move me to the therapy unit where I'll have therapy 3 hrs a day to get me moving, we still have no way of knowing how much or how long it will take but I'm ready to get going. So keep good thoughts about my getting the therapy I need because we're still a bit iffy about them letting me go. I'll keep you posted. Happy May 1, wow time flies, it was May when they diagnosed me last year, amazing.

No comments: