Thursday, April 14, 2011

MRI and Frank


So yesterday I had my brain and spine MRIs, it took about an hour and a half of being in this long tube and listeningto it bump and twirl. The only good thing was they have head phones and the person in charge didn't even ask he just put on some Sinatra ( guess I looked an OK age for it). It actually made the 1 1/2 hours bearable.

I'm still not moving well, having more and more trouble getting up the stairs and being more and more afraid of going anywhere without the walker. It's depressing being my age and needing a walker but I keep telling my self that this too will pass and I'll feel my legs again soon. I mean I beat cancer I have to beat this. Only thing is cancer didn't make me fall down alot . The common thing but I'm sure not remotely related is the nausea and intestinal issues. When you can"t move very fast these are no fun, at least with chemo I could run if I had to.

I'm not supposed to get the results for another week and a half but I called today to see if that could happen faster, I think the sooner I find out what the heck is going on the sooner I fix it. Haven't heard from them yet.

I've been doing some office work from home, I'm glad to have something to do and so grateful that they will let me. It's no fun though having no one to interact with, but it's better than just doing nothing. At least sitting at the computer is pretty safe, I can't fall down .

So that's what this week brings, still scared, annoyed and frustrated with this latest ailment but I'm still pushing along as best I can. Next week I get a PET scan of my adrenal glands, I don't think the PET machine has headphones, darn I would have asked for James Taylor.

No comments: