Friday, March 18, 2011

Ahhhhh Spring

That's Emmy enjoying the sunshine after so much snow and gloom all winter.
I have been enjoying it as well and thinking back to last year at this time when we were waiting for Rex to arrive, oh my what a year it has been.
First Rex and then that nasty "C" word that scared all of us and I'm sure took a bit of the joy of having a new baby away from us too.It has been an interesting year, I've learned alot about me and how strong I can be when I need to be, and how sometimes not taking things too seriously is the best therapy. I actually made peace with my ex-husband this year. I felt that Rex should have a whole family no matter where we are or where out lives have taken us. So peace it is and I have to say it was a great weight taken away from me too. So anyone out there carrying a grudge please know it just gets heavier and weighs on your soul the longer you carry it. Wow Sue is getting philosophical...well there is that Kirkegaard connection.
In another 2 weeks I go for my 3 month sacn, no lie guys this has me nervous. I pray every day that they won't find anything and I won't have to go through all of this all over again. Not that it hasn't been fun ( not) but I'd rather find a different way to have fun this summer since I actually don't remember a whole lot about last summer except Dr. visits oh yeah and my favorite soft ice cream place is open in the summer, I remember that :) I'd really like to spend the summer growing my hair back and doing some fixing up around the house that hopefully I'll have the energy for by then. They tell me in a few weeks I sould start getting my energy back after the last round of radiation...OOK I'm ready!
On a lighter note, my Mom had her 85th birthday party as despite her reluctance to have a good time she did and was very happy and surprised to see how many people came and how many others sent regards. She even had a woman that she taught school with in Staten Island over 35 years ago drive up from central New York, that was very special. Of course Rexton got his share of attention and was a very good boy for the whole afternoon. The food was excellent and I really wish we hadn't had so much cake left over because I greatly enjoyed it for a week! Oh the calories!
Well the sun is shining and I don't want to waste any of that nice Vitamin D sos I''be on my way. I'll keep you all posted on y spring fever and the scan too.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Best of luck on your tests. It is hard to believe how far you have come in the past year. Your strength and courage are inspiring. As is your positive attitude. Miss you friend.