Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Results are In

So the test results are in and yes I do have cancer. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of other information at this point because I haven't seen the oncologist yet, the pulmonologist gave me the biopsy results and then basically said I'd have to wait til I saw the oncologist to find out the extent and prognosis. I know it is small cell cancer which if you were going to pick a cancer from the drop down menu of such things would and should not be your (or my) choice. So now I just have to pray that it is localized and hasn't send any mean little cancer cells to other parts of my body besides my mediasteinum (between my lungs). I'm sure once I talk to the local Dr. I'll be wanting at least a second opinion as to treatment and then we'll start the battle.

I figured I'd start a blog because I can get information out to anyone who's interested quickly and maybe along the line I can learn and share with others.

So, that's where we are on May 26, 2010.

Thanks to all of you who have send good wishes and prayers along this part of the journey, keep them coming, I can feel the good vibrations and they feel good.

2 comments:

June Henderson said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the news wasn't good, Sue. You have a lot of folks who are on your side and praying for you. I'm glad you're starting this blog.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear Sue, im sure you will have a lot of people prating for you. I will be one of those people praying. It is good that you have started a blog. please keep us informed of your health. Trust in the Lord.