Friday, February 4, 2011

Rub A Dub Dub


Well my bath tub has had it. It's been on it's way out for years ( because the previous owners didn't properly install it) but my wonderful plumber has been babying it along because he knew we didn't really have the funds to replace it. This morning when I found the flood in the kitchen that came from the ceiling, and knowing that that's where the tub is because my plumber has a trap door in the kitchen ceiling to get the the bathroom plumbing ( gotta love old houses).
Anyway I takled to him this AM and he said " I have to tell you I don't think I can patch anything else" I said I understood and then asked what it would cost for a new tub, he gave me what I thought was a reasonable price that also happened to be the amount of money I'll be getting in a few days from my wonderful Aflac Policy ( no I don't work for them but without them I never would have been able to take the summer off to rest and heal) Anyway I was going to use that money for what I thought was a much needed trip to Florida for a few days. I was upset at first and then I thought what a blessing that I actually do have the money to fix the tub problem and that will certainly give me more long lasting pleasure ( I love a nice hot bath) than 4 or 5 days in Florida. Also it will increase the value of the house, no trip to Fla. ever did that. :)
It's funny when you go through major life changes ( like having cancer) how your outlook on things can change.
In a couple of weeks I'm going to change my work hours so I'll have the time to go visit Rex and Jenny while Chris works a late night teaching. This way I can go spend a day with my grandson and give his Mom a little break ( sounds like a win-win to me).I'm going to have to work extra time the other four days but it's worth it. I want to make sure he knows his grandma and with them living an hour away it can be a month or two in between visits, I grew up with my Grandma next door as did Chris and I hate being even an hour away and not being able to help so, this will make up for a little bit anyway.
I saw my oncologist this week, all blood work is good , everything seems OK. I have to have a CAT Scan in 2 month ( scanziety again) but nothing I can do about that now except enjoy 2 Dr. free months ( at least this Dr.) My ear infection is healing, I had my ears flushed this week ..eeeewwww that's a weird feeling.
Anyway that's about it for now, I'll keep you posted on the tub drama :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm thinking that you should look into getting a tub paid for by medicare or something. Say it's medically impossible for your mother to bathe without one of those state of the art jacuzzi tubs with a seat and whirlpool massagers and stuff! :)