Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No Results but Angels Among Us


Today I had a ct scan to find out if all the cancer is gone. What I didn't know is that if I had gone to the hospital for the test instead of the lab I could have the results now and be sharing them with you. Next time I'll know better. I'm not in any hurry to go back to the lab anyway since it took the nurse 3 tries before she could find a working vein ( ouch). Anyway that part is done and now I havwe to wait until Monday to see where we stand. With so much positive energy from all of you I don't know how I could get anything but good results. Not to mention the angel I met in Dunkin Donuts this AM after the scan.
Larry and I went to get some breakfast because I couldn't eat or drink anything before the scan. Iced tea was sounding very good to me about then. So we're on line and there's a woman in front of us and she turns around and looks at my bald head and says " I hope you don't mind my asking, are you in recovery?" I said "well I was just at the lab to find that out but I won't know for a few days." She said " I'm in recovery too, I think you're going to be fine." I said " thank you" . Anyway we order our things and the only table is next to this woman , so I sit next to her and she says " I hope I didn't bother you mentioning cancer but I know miracles happen because they happened to me" I told her no it was fine, actually it's nice to meet people who have survived and are so positive. She said " I was given 6 months to live 3 years ago, I have leukemia." I told her about my cancer and how lucky I was it hadn't spread and she said : "All I can say to you is miracles happen " and she asked my first name . She said she would pray for me and she wouldn't forget because I was going to be OK.
So I'm sitting in the darn Dunkin Donuts crying my eyes out knowing that she wasn't just a cancer survivor but someone sent to make me feel better when I was so stressed about the test and what the future is going to hold. God does funny things sometimes, gotta love him!
BTW the angel in the pic is one I made I call her Pearl E. Gates, she's made to make people smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A donut-hole-y roller. :D

Unknown said...

And I still have my Pearl and love her. She hangs in our bedroom ... had to give her a sponge bath a few times lol.

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

It's a great story and I don't mind hearing it over and over. Hey, I have Pearl and she hangs out at my desk...she's a special lady...